Friday, May 23, 2008

Look up....QUICK! Sky Watch Friday




Tuesday as I was on the outskirts of Corsicana (and near the shores of Richland-Chambers Lake) I happened to glance up and see these American White Pelicans circling gracefully above. I literally had to whip my car off the side of the road and grab my camera and stick it out the window to grab two quick shots before they were gone. Check this site for more details on these wonderful creatures. We only get a chance to see them briefly as they pass to and from their winter retreats each year. And be sure to head on over to Wiggers World for more SkyWatch Friday shots!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Sky Watch -

Linda said...

Great pictures - I love bird pictures of anykind.

TR Ryan said...

Glad you stopped the car -- it was worth the effort. Beautiful!

Profile Not Available said...

I am so glad you stopped! Great shot!

Tom said...

I will have to follow your link now.. you went to all that bother today for sky watch owe you this links :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Beautiful shots!

Greg Dimitriadis said...

I love these photos, especially the zoom pick. Perfect for studying bird flight. It's clear that the birds with asymmetric wing configurations are not flying straight. They may have a different heading to the other birds or they may be sideslipping.

Carletta said...

What a wonderful image you captured in that gorgeous blue sky!

Daniel J Santos said...

Excellent sky watch, well done.

raf said...

That's a WOW! Super catch, Lake Lady.

Lake Lady said...

Greg, great observation on the flight patterns! They were flying a very interesting pattern of overlapping circles. At first it appeared that they were just circling overhead but they were actually making progress to the north or northwest.

Jane Hards Photography said...

This reminds me of my oystercathers in flight. Have you noticed how symetrical birds are in flight? Well done on th qick thinking, there's great captures.

Jane Hards Photography said...

This reminds me of my oystercathers in flight. Have you noticed how symetrical birds are in flight? Well done on th qick thinking, there's great captures.

Unknown said...

Great shot!