Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
Believe me, this rainbow was much more beautiful than you can see here! Taken between Hubbard and Corsicana. Click the link above to see more Sky Watch photos from around the world!
Monday, August 18, 2008
When I was coming home so late the other night, I got the idea to see if I could get a night shot of the military memorial at the courthouse. I was a little nervous...it was late...I was stopped in the middle of the road between the courthouse and the jail....guess something startled me because I apparently made a jerky movement just as I snapped this first one! The second is better but shooting from the car wasn't the best idea!
Click the logo above to see more Odd Shots this Monday!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Click on the logo above to see more Camera Critters around the world....
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Click on TnChick's link to see more colorful entries today.
Friday, August 15, 2008
When I lived in Corsicana, I drove by this field almost every morning on my way to work. I saw many wonderful sunrises! But I wasn't a CDP blogger then and had never heard of Sky Watch Friday, so I usually made it to work on time! LOL. This particular morning I just had to stop and shoot a few. Click the SkyWatch Friday logo above to see the sky around the world!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Click the logo above to see more Odd Shots at Katney's Kaboodle!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Creep, crawl, trot or fly over to Misty Dawn's for more Camera Critters!
Friday, August 8, 2008
Click the Sky Watch Friday logo below to see sky views from around the world! And have a great Friday and a great weekend!
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
1) Steve Buser--New Orleans Daily Photo for the spirit of New Orleans people and nature, captured beautifully
2) Michelle at Rambling Woods NY -- for showing us how close we are to nature at all times
3) Strangetastes--Saint Louis Daily Photo -- for showing us how to take one subject and see it in so many different ways (plus there's much more there than the arch!)
4) Fotka po Fotka -- Belgrade, Serbia Daily Photo -- for sharing a part of the world I'll probably never see
5) Dina -- Jersusalem Hills Daily Photo -- for helping me relive a childhood dream of becoming an archeologist.
Now, you five get to spread the award! Here are the rules:
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each awardee has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/
5. Display these rules.
For those of you looking for more ABC Wednesday posts, please be sure to head on over to Mrs Nesbitt's Place!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
This is a portion of the front of a chinese buffet restaurant on Highway 31, Summer Palace.
Monday, August 4, 2008
This was taken on one of my West Texas trips.....I'm pretty sure it was in Brownwood. See more Odd Shots at Katney's Kaboodle!
And check in here Wednesday to see who gets the next Arte y Pico Award!
Have a GREAT Monday!
Sunday, August 3, 2008
I think the first one has the right idea.....it's so hot here that the only way to stay cool (other than inside with the air conditioner) is to stay wet! I've certainly used that trick! But the 2nd porker has fairer skin and seeks to avoid sunburn by staying in the shade and enjoying her mud pack!
Spotted on a farm on the western outskirts of Corsicana.
Swim on over to Misty Dawn's Camera Critters site for more Critter Captures from around the world!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
When I realized that today's Photo Hunt subject was CLOUD(S), I knew I had to share even if you all think I've lost it! LOL. Check out TnChick's site...she hosts Saturday Photo Hunt and you can follow the comments to see lots and lots of Clouds today!
Friday, August 1, 2008
Since Friday is always Sky Watch Theme Day, I've made sure a couple of these have the sky in them and used a blue sky background (there's that literal me again). Click the Sky Watch logo to see more entries and scroll on down to see all the participating City Daily Photo Bloggers' more creative takes on the theme! And have a great Friday!
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants