Saturday, August 16, 2008

Photo Hunt: Colorful --- sometimes it takes nerve!

There's just something about this house that strikes me every time I see it. It's hard to put my finger on what it is really. I think it's just the striking color! How many of us have the nerve to paint our homes in some out of the ordinary color like this? I know I don't! This photo has been sitting in my folder for weeks now because I just couldn't figure out how to use it. But with TnChick's Photo Hunt subject for today being COLORFUL, I decided to pull it out. This home is in the little town of Hubbard, between Corsicana and Waco. There are a lot of wonderful old homes in Hubbard, carefully and lovingly maintained or restored. If you're ever passing through there, do yourself a favor and get off the main highways to see more of this lovely town!
Click on TnChick's link to see more colorful entries today.

5 comments:

Powell River Books said...

For me the colour is warm and inviting. It blends so well with the dark green colour of the trees behind and the yellow-green hanging pots just pop out to grab your attention. I like it too! I invite you to come see my colourful flags. - Margy

Rebecca Mecomber said...

It's a lovely house, I agree. Greta shot!

I also did Photo Hunt. Come share your link! :) http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-colorful/

Jim Klenke said...

I love houses like this one. Mine is from the early 50s, Sears craftman we are told. I like that the bricks along the ground all seem to be in place and uniform. The roof looks to be in good shape and the paint job is super. Maybe next year they can get central air, LOL. We had 3 window units until last year.

Kate said...

You're right, this is a wonderful house with lots of appeal. I think where you live determines the colour of one's house. There are some parts of the country that are pretty staid, but others that not only tolerate but encourage individuality.

DrowseyMonkey-Photos said...

A lot of homes in Newfoundland are painted in bright colours. I used to visit family there during the summers.

I love this photo, it's wonderful! Love the house too.