Monday, July 14, 2008

Odd Shots Monday

Click on the photo to enlarge....if you look closely, you'll see why riding behind these guys can be interesting...especially in an open car or on a bike!




Not really an odd sight around here at all....but it might be to some of you around the world! As you might imagine, it takes a lot of hay to feed all the cattle in Texas! This time of year you'll find these huge round bales everywhere.....in the fields (one of my favorite sites), impaled on the back of tractors or pick-up trucks, on small flat-bed trucks like this one or on huge 18-wheelers. I came up behind this load near the small town of Marlin. Click on the Odd Shots Logo above to see the blog roll of other Odd Shots at Katney's Kaboodle.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always worried about them when travelling across Sask, Canada!

Dina said...

Hi, thanks for dropping by maltadaily. seems like we posted similar photos today, cool!!

EG CameraGirl said...

Looks everyday to me. LOL
My odd shhots:
http://eastgwillimburywow.blogspot.com/2008/07/odd-shot-popular-pasttime.html

Katney said...

Hay is more likely to be in huge bales here (rectangular). Teh first time I saw these was in South Dakota years ago.

Janet said...

Not odd here! Better watch out for raining hay!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I wouldn't be too worried about all the little fly-a-way... but I would be concerned about the whole bail rolling off... those don't appear to be tied so I would be making haste to get in front!

dot said...

Nice shots of the hay in front of that pretty blue sky.

Harry Makertia said...

Never seen this hay. I know it's heavy, but I got an illusion that they're light! Just like cotton balls.

Jane Hards Photography said...

We have these round ones here, but not on the back of lorries. Wouldn't like to be behind that if it became unleashed.

Chuck Pefley said...

Reminds me of the good advice you frequently see emblazoned on some truck mud flaps ... Back OFF! Sage advice in this case :)