Wednesday, August 6, 2008

ABC Wednesday-- C is for Corsicana CDP Challenge -- Arte y Pico

Today marks my 106th post on this blog. The photo above is the first one I posted, on March 30. I started this CDP blog in hopes that someone else would take it over and I could concentrate on just the Gun Barrel City/Cedar Creek Lake CDP. I must admit that I haven't put as much energy or thought into this one as I do the other. But with the encouragement of Babooshka (see note below) and others, I've a renewed interest and I pledge to do better! Thanks for the CHALLENGE!

I was deeply humbled to receive the Arte y Pico award from Babooshka last week. It's my first award ever! It's been hard to decide which five of my favorite bloggers to pass it on to. I decided to spread them around the world and to a very diverse group:

1) Steve Buser--New Orleans Daily Photo for the spirit of New Orleans people and nature, captured beautifully
2) Michelle at Rambling Woods NY -- for showing us how close we are to nature at all times
3) Strangetastes--Saint Louis Daily Photo -- for showing us how to take one subject and see it in so many different ways (plus there's much more there than the arch!)
4) Fotka po Fotka -- Belgrade, Serbia Daily Photo -- for sharing a part of the world I'll probably never see
5) Dina -- Jersusalem Hills Daily Photo -- for helping me relive a childhood dream of becoming an archeologist.

Now, you five get to spread the award! Here are the rules:

1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.


2. Each awardee has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.


3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.


4. Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of Arte y Pico blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award: http://arteypico.blogspot.com/


5. Display these rules.


For those of you looking for more ABC Wednesday posts, please be sure to head on over to Mrs Nesbitt's Place!

6 comments:

Vlada Jablanov said...

I am afraid that some of yours awarded blogs are not working (Saint Louis and Jerusalem)

Lake Lady said...

Thank you Vlada...and I tested them while working in draft mode...not sure what I did wrong yet, but it's fixed now!

Steve Buser said...

Thanks for the award and keep up the good work. I'm not very good about following through with these awards -- limited time and all, but I will try harder.

mrsnesbitt said...

Again, congratulations

AphotoAday said...

Congratulations on receiving the Arte de Pico award!   You deserve it...   And that's a fine selection of blogs you have passed it on to.
Best regards, Don.

Jane Hards Photography said...

I do like your choices. hata lovely first photo and a nice way to illustrate the post.